Household Makeover: Vampires
Obviously it’s a matter of taste, but while I generally like their characters – I find the standard townies to be too cartoony and ugly. This especially goes for the older releases and it seems Maxis agrees with me, since they already replaced the CAS standard sims for less cartoony ones and started on updating the rest.
This package will change the looks (and a few other features) of the Vampires starter families to be somewhat more “realistic”/”better looking” – on newly started saves anyway.
17 Dec 2022: Added the Amador Household as option instead of Straud and added paintings of both.
27 Aug 2022: Added body hair, nail polish and some alternative outfits. New images.
- MindB_ender_GP04HH_Template_Vatore – Vatore (2 sims, Forgotten Hollow).
- MindB_ender_paintWall2x1x3_NEOCportrait – Decoration, Straud Mansion Residents. New paintings of these sims in the same frame.
- MindB_ender_GP04HH_Template_Straud – Straud (1 sim, Forgotten Hollow), hope to have made it somewhat more likely that Vladislaus is the player he needs to be to get his food – as inspired by Dracula. (He’s still Nosferatu in dark form.)
- MindB_ender_GP04HH_Template_Amador – Amador (2 sims, Forgotten Hollow), based on the paintings.
- No expansions besides “Vampires” or other mods needed.
- Each household is a seperate .package file and will work without the others.
- Instal Straud or Amador to choose between the two households living in Straud Mansion. Installing both will usually result in the Amador household.
- The painting package works independently and can be found in Build mode > Decorations > Paintings.
- Households require a new save/game to use – will not change households in existing saves. (use your Gallery to copy them from a new save if you want to.)
- Households will not get the “modded” tag upon upload to the Gallery (unless you have other mods that make it so).
- Will work to set up with “mods on” and then play without – although some thumbnails and texts may persist or not.
- Sims come with outfits for hot and cold weather.
- Sims come with likes and dislikes
Feel free to expand and improve on this if you want to, just don’t claim you made it.
Big thanks to the people of Sims4Studio for making this easy and to BlueRaptor for the portrait poses.
(Published on: 2022-07-30 12:00:00)