Obviously it’s a matter of taste, but while I generally like their characters – I find the standard townies to be too cartoony and ugly. This especially goes for the older releases and it seems Maxis agrees with me, since they already replaced the CAS standard sims for less cartoony ones and started on updating the rest.
This package will change the looks (and a few other features) of the Realm of Magic starter families to be somewhat more “realistic”/”good looking” – on newly started saves anyway.
- MindB_ender_GP08HH_Template_Acolytes – Acolytes (2 sims, Glimmerbrook)
- MindB_ender_GP08HH_Template_Sages – Sages (3 sims, Not in World); I’ve fused the Ember, L.Faba and Silversweater households into 1. The Sages still appear as the Sages in the Magic Realm. Replaces the Ember household.
- MindB_ender_GP08HH_Template_WyrdSisters – The Wyrd Sisters (3 sims, Not in World); The Witches’ Coven as known from the books by Terry Pratchett (or William Shakespeare) could replace the Sages if they’d cared for such matters. Replaces the L.Faba household.
- MindB_ender_GP08HH_Template_Merlin – Merlin (1 sim, Not in World); The wild man, the supernatural poet and prophet, the counselor of kings, the wizard and the lover. Perhaps the most famous sorcerer known. Replaces the Silversweater household.
- MindB_ender_GP08HH_Template_Minerva – Minerva’s Boarding House (8 sims, Glimmerbrook); For some reason the Charm Family always gave me the “orphanage of fear” vibe and combined with Minerva Charm’s first name this lead to a “magical boarding school” theme. Replaces the Charm Family household.
- No expansions besides “Realm of Magic” or other mods needed.
- Each household is a seperate .package file and will work without the others.
- Requires a new save/game to use – will not change households in existing saves. (use your Gallery to copy them from a new save if you want to.)
- Households will not get the “modded” tag upon upload to the Gallery (unless you have other mods that make it so).
- Will work to set up with “mods on” and then play without – although some thumbnails and texts may persist or not.
- Sims come with outfits for hot and cold weather.
- Sims come with likes and dislikes
Feel free to expand and improve on this if you want to, just don’t claim you made it.
Big thanks to the people of Sims4Studio for making this easy.
(Published on: 2022-07-30 12:00:00)