Obviously it’s a matter of taste, but while I generally like their characters – I find the standard townies to be too cartoony and ugly. This especially goes for the older releases and it seems Maxis agrees with me, since they already replaced the CAS standard sims for less cartoony ones and started on updating the rest.
This package will change the looks (and a few other features) of the Base Game starter families to be somewhat more “realistic”/”good looking” – on newly started saves anyway.
25 Aug 2022: Added the Addams family replacing the Goth family.
24 Aug 2022: Bugfix for some sims having completed aspirations! Added body hair, nail polish and some alternative outfits. New images.
- BGHH_Template_Addams – The Addams Family (7 sims, Willow Creek) The Addams Family as know from cartoons by Charles Addams and subsequent TV-shows, Movies etc. Replaces the Goth household.
- BGHH_Template_BFF – BFF (3 sims, Willow Creek), some additional alt-outfits.
- BGHH_Template_Caliente – Caliente (4 sims, Oasis Springs), increased tacky-ness of fashion choices.
- BGHH_Template_Landgraab – Landgraab (3 sims, Oasis Springs), Nancy is no longer Malcolm’s biological mother (adding some drama), some additional alt-outfits (Based on Sims 3).
- BGHH_Template_Moyer – Moyer (1 sim, Not in World).
- BGHH_Template_Pancakes – Pancakes (3 sims, Willow Creek), including Iggy Pancakes and the anniversary alt-outfits.
- BGHH_Template_Roomies – Roomies (4 sims, Oasis Springs).
- BGHH_Template_Spencer-Kim-Lewis – Spencer-Lim-Lewis (5 sims, Willow Creek), some additional alt-outfits.
- BGHH_Template_Zest – Zest (1 sim, Oasis Springs).
- No expansions or other mods needed.
- Each household is a seperate .package file and will work without the others.
- Requires a new save/game to use – will not change households in existing saves. (use your Gallery to copy them from a new save if you want to.)
- Households will not get the “modded” tag upon upload to the Gallery (unless you have other mods that make it so).
- Will work to set up with “mods on” and then play without – although some thumbnails and texts may persist or not.
- Sims come with outfits for hot and cold weather.
- Sims come with likes and dislikes
Feel free to expand and improve on this if you want to, just don’t claim you made it.
Big thanks to the people of Sims4Studio for making this easy. (Published on: 2022-07-06 12:00:00)