What’s missing from your Sims’ bookshelves? Horror! Forgotten Hollow Publications fixes that with our new series of readable Horror Novels for Sims. Each novel functions as a regular leisure book, filling the Fun need of readers. But there’s more!
- the Mystery Genre will be changed to the “Mystery/Thriller/Horror” Genre”;
- each Horror Novel is a reference to the history of in-game elements of horror or an homage to efforts of previous modders to bring Horror content to the game;
- Horror Novels are Emotional Books that will inspire Fear in their readers;
- because of the grip Fear holds, the Needs Decay of those reading them will slow dramatically;
- once a Reader has recovered from Fear, there’s a good chance they will experience useful after-emotions, such as Post-Fear Inspiration, Confidence, Flirtatiousness, or Energy;
- unlike regular books, they stimulate Sims to generate thought balloons appropriate to the plot of the book they are reading, many of which are custom-made for those novels;
- each book has a unique combination of the strength, duration, and likelihood of these effects;
- the books come with a decorative and functional Horror Bookstand pre-loaded with all the books as a bargain for your convenience; and
- a special “Get Spooked” Holiday Tradition for use on spooky holidays that Sims fulfill only by getting scared!
The nine novels are classics of Sim-horror, sure to be familiar to long-time players and to inspire terror in Sims:
- Debug Baby
- The Spore
- Moonlight Massacre
- The Porcelain Doll
- The Cursed Painting
- Knifed, Parts 1-8
- Haunted House Residential
- Frank Simstein’s Monster
- Count Roennigke
Credits: Forgotten Hollow Publications thanks its development team (Josh, Nick, and David) and survey participants, and acknowledges that Horror Novels follow in the footsteps of giants in Sims-horror, including Necrodog, Joe Winko, Sacrificial, Turbodriver, and those who have assisted them.
(Published on: 2022-03-29 12:00:00)