Last Mod Update: Jul. 27, 2023 [V1.06] – See the Changelog section for more details.
This mod adds more than 120 new traits that make sims learn skills faster or slower than usual. A sim will get them based on their previous life-stage skills level. So, toddler skills define how much faster (or slower) a sim will learn child skills. In its turn, child skills are important to determine which speed a sim will learn a skill they can only train after growing up.
In summary, this mod will punish your sims if they don’t have sufficient toddler and child skills before growing up. For example, a toddler with low “Movement Skill” will get traits that make them slowly learn the “Motor Skill” and other child skills linked to movement, such as fishing. Similarly, child sims with low “Motor Skill” tend to slowly learn teen/adult skills linked to motor activities, such as fitness.
This feature only applies to sims marked as “played”. Unplayed ones will randomly receive talent traits independently of their previous life stage skills levels.
All toddlers, and sims created at CAS, also randomly get some traits that make them good or bad at some skills. The same occurs for all sims created before this mod installation. You can also manually remove or add any talent trait you want.
This mod comes with some optional features to better fit the game into the idea of skills being linked with their previous life-stage counterparts. Below, you can see a short general description of the optional features of this mod.
- Children also learn motor skill while bowling.
- Children learn mental skill instead of motor one while playing video games.
- Using the seance table gives the social skill to child sims instead mental.
- It will be much hard to achieve a high level of all toddler or child fundamental skills.
Overrides, Compatibilities, and Dependencies:
As you can see in the .package files’ names, only the optional add-ons override some XMLs. They only override features linked to the activity they modify. For example, the add-on that makes bowling gives motor skill overrides some XMLs associated with the bowling feature. Avoid using these add-ons with other mods that override the same features.
You don’t need any Kits, Expansion, Game, or Stuff Packs to use this mod. However, if you install any package linked to an expansion, you will get talent traits of skills you cannot learn.
IMPORTANT: This mod requires Scumbumbo’s XML Injector Script Mod to work. If you don’t have it, you can download it at his Memorial webpage (www.scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector). You only need the script mod (the “.package” file isn’t necessary).
At this moment, this mod is only available in the following languages:
- Polish (available here by AuroraSky)
So, when using the game in another language, some parts (that use text from the game) may appear in the desired language. Still, some text (those included by this mod) will appear in English.
Feel free to translate this mod. If you contact me, I can put a link to your translation on this page.
How to install:
You must install the “.package” file with “BASEGAME” in its name and those with the expansions names you have.
After installing a new expansion, install the complementary mod file linked to this expansion. After doing it, you will get talent traits linked to the DLC you installed.
- Sims 4 Studio Team
- Updated the mod to be compatible with the new skills that came with the Horse Ranch DLC.
- BUG FIX: Minor Bug Corrections.
- IMPROVEMENT: Updated the mod to the new child skill system that came with the patch released before Growing Together.
- BUG FIX: Minor Text Corrections.
- BUG FIX: Now, you can properly disable (or enable) the monitoring system for non-active sims.
- IMPROVEMENT: Added Spanish translation.
- IMPROVEMENT: Added Polish translation.
- BUG FIX: Talent Traits no more appear like Aspiration Traits.
- BUG FIX: Some other minor issues are solved. Now, this mod’s packages no more appear as incompatible in the Better Exceptions Patch analysis.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a bug where Bad at Mischief appears with the name and description of Bad at Charisma.
- BUG FIX: Monitoring toddler skills traits now disappear after the toddler grows up.
- BUG FIX: You will no longer gain cross-stitch feat traits when you shouldn’t.
- IMPROVEMENT: The feature that makes it harder to maximize the toddlers and child skills is now optional. If you want to disable it, please do not install its Add-on file. (If you have already installed this mod, you need to download and install the “BaseGame” file again. Otherwise, this feature will not be disabled).
- BUG FIX: Fixed the bug I created when solving the last bug.
- BUG FIX: Children no more gain talent traits indefinitely after reaching level 10 in a child skill.
- BUG FIX: Solved a bug that caused an error when adding traits through the UI Cheats mod.
(Published on: 2021-09-19 12:00:00)