Aquabox Aquarium Conversion
Watch a little in-game preview of a fully stocked aquarium here:
This is a very exciting upload for me and I’m so happy I managed to finish it before my trip. I would advise you to read all the notes below as it contains quite a bit of useful information.
With that said, I present to you the:
“AquaBox 60 Gallons of Awesome Aquarium”
A fully functional aquarium for your sims’ homes, to bring a glimpse of the ocean right into your home!
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
1) This aquarium works the same as the aquariums in spa day/dine out/cats & dogs etc.
2) Once you buy and place a tank on your lot, some fish will spawn inside of it, REGARDLESS if you bought/stored fishes yourself. These fishes can’t be customized or changed they are mostly decorative (think of the aquarium table in My First Pet Stuff)
This it to make the tank feel more alive and not just an empty box filled with water.
3) You can store UP TO 6 different fish per tank. (regardless of the decorative fishes)
4) The light is fully customizable.
5) ALL the fish remain inside the tank and don’t clip with each other or the tank’s environment.
6) There are 5 interactions available (see last screenshot):
~Set Light Intensity
~Turn Light On/Off
~Purchase Fish (the type of fish available for purchase will depend on what DLC you have. You can also, store the fish you catch by fishing around the world)
~View Fish (only available when stocked with at least 1 fish)
*The aquarium can be found under: Activities and Skills/Recreation for 18000$ (or under the name “AquaBox 60 Gallons of Awesome Aquarium”)
Apparently all FX in the game (such as fish, bubbles, smoke, fire etc.) are available for EVERYONE regardless on whether you have the pack they came with or not.
So, YES, this aquarium is completely BASE GAME COMPATIBLE. The types of fish that are available to purchase will depend on what DLC you have installed. (You can also store fish you caught yourself, around the world)